Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Real Training

Dear Readers, (If any) ;-)

I am not writing this post because I am excited. My heart is filled with sorrow and my face is still smiling. Hazard of Corporate world. I admire my boss for the talent he has got. I had let him down two days ago. After a good performance in the field, I went to meeting without fully prepared. I am generally good with numbers but what I displayed in the meeting was absolutely stupid.

My boss's boss was there in the meeting. I was asked to make the presentation for which I was not prepared. I was confident to get through the presentation without hurdles but then I realized I had entered data in a column wrongly. Also the presentation was incomplete. My boss's boss said "Even without you the territory would have done the same".

All the hard work I had done seemed like of no use after hearing this from Indian head of our company. My boss said " Corporate people form opinions". "You had cut my nose". I had to hold my head low after giving the best performance of my career. Most importantly I should have made my boss proud and I did the opposite.

Well, I consider this as the real training. I am learning. I learned a very good lesson here. Never rest in your laurels and become lethargic.Things can turn worse in a moment. I need to learn quickly and move ahead.
Corporates give zero room for error.

No comments:

Post a Comment